The purpose of this page of our website is to assist you and The Law Firm of Martin L. Leibowitz, P.A., in determining whether you may be qualified for workers’ compensation benefits under Florida’s Heart & Lung Statute.
Please consider the following questions:
1. Are you a Florida First Responder, i.e., correctional officer, law enforcement officer as defined in s. 943.10, firefighter as defined in s. 633.102, emergency medical technician or paramedic as defined in s. 401.23?
2. If yes, have you ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure (hypertension), heart disease (coronary artery disease) or tuberculosis?
3. If so, have you ever missed work as a result of your high blood pressure (hypertension), heart disease (coronary artery disease) or tuberculosis?
4. Were you required to undergo a pre-employment physical examination when you were hired for the position where you missed work as a result of your condition(s)?
5. Did your pre-employment physical reveal any evidence of your condition(s)?